Finding a reliable jump starter can quite troublesome. The reason being, there are too many options available in the market. And it’s hard to choose one.
But what if I told you I found a budget-friendly and sturdy jump starter with an Amazon customer rating of 4.6 Stars.
Sounds too good to be true…right?
Let me introduce the DBPOWER 2500A Jumpstarter.
So In this DBPOWER 2500A Jump starter review, we’ll check whether it can live up to its 4.6-star rating.
And also I’ll Show you…
- Peak current testing of this jump starter.
- How it works and is it durable?
- Vehicles this jump starter can jump start.
- Value for money features.
- Should you buy or skip?
Quick specifications of DBPOWER 800A
- The peak current produced by this DBPOWER is 2500Amps.
- DBPOWER can jump-start up to 8L Gas engine and 6.5L Diesel Engine with 12V Battery.
- The operating temperature of this jump starter is -20℃(-4℉) to 60℃(140℉).
- This pack is powered by a 21800mAh battery.
- Built-In Flashlight with 3 mode setting.
What you get in the box
- A jump starter with a nice hard carrying case.
- Jumper cables and a USB Cable.
- Instruction manual
Peak Current Test Of DBPOWER 2500A Jump Starter:
Dbpower is the most renowned brand in the jump starter market. It has the most affordable mid-range jump starters. Now talking about the peak current, dbpower claims that this jump starter produces a peak current of 2500Amps.
And honestly speaking I don’t really know how these peak current readings are taken. So I tested this jumper pack on my carbon pile load tester. The peak current produces by this jump starter was around 340Amps at 10.2volts.
This amount of current is adequate to jump starter a mid-sized vehicle with a partially dead 12V battery.
I also tested this jump starter under a 0°F. Due to the cold temperature, it took me around three attempts to get good readings. At 0°F this jump starter produces around 205Amps at 6.5Volts. Which is enough to jump-start a small vehicle.
How a DBPOWER Jump Starter Works (Is It Durable)?
Steps to starting your vehicle with dbpower jump starter:
- Firstly, charge your jump starter to 100%.
- Then after completely charging the device. Connect the jumper cables to the jump starter port. And the jumper clamps to the battery.
- Connect red clamp to the positive terminal of the battery and black to the negative terminal of the battery.
- Then switch the power button ON on the jump starter and turn your car ignition ON.
DBPOWER is a well-built jumper pack. You can feel the sturdiness of the jump starter by just holding it. The outer shell of the jump starter is made from industrial-grade material.
The jumper cables and the clamps are also durable. They’ll not corrode or melt even after repetitive usage. A minimal-looking hard case is also provided for carrying the jump starter around.
What type of different vehicle it can jump-start?
This jump starter can jump start up to 8L gas engine and a 6.5L diesel engine with a 12V battery. You can jump-start almost all the small to mid-sized vehicles.
Additional value for money features In DBPOWER Jumpstarter?
- Built-In flashlight with 3 modes setting.
- Minimal-looking hard case for carrying the jump starter.
- This jump starter can also work as a power bank to charge your electronic accessories.
- A whopping 3-year warranty with great customer support.
What I don’t like about this product?
Just one nitpick: DBPOWER should provide a charger with this jump starter. It’s not a deal-breaker but the absence of a charger will bother you.
Final Verdict Should you Buy Or Skip?
Overall I give this product 4.2 stars out of 5.
This DBPOWER jump starter does everything that it says. It is durable, inexpensive, and reliable. Without a doubt, if I’m a first-time buyer I would definitely go for it.
And also if you are on a budget and want to buy a good jump starter. You should definitely check it out.
Having said that, one more thing beware of the knock-off products in the market pretending to be DBPOWER. I have given the link to the original product below.
CLICK FOR BEST PRICE