Choosing the right jump starter can be quite a headache for most people. Because there are too many options available in the market. And frankly, speaking most of them are not up to the mark.
But what if I told you I found a power pack jump starter that can start almost all vehicles even in freezing temperatures. And it has a 4.5-star rating on Amazon.
Sounds too good to be true… right?
Let me introduce NOCO GB150
So in this NOCO GB150 review, we’ll check whether it can live up to its 4.5-star rating.
And also I’ll show you…
- How much current this jump starter can produce with a carbon pile load tester?
- How it works and how durable it is?
- What type of different vehicle it can jump-start?
- And all other value for money features?
Quick specification of NOCO GB 150
- It comes with a 88 Watt-hour lithium-ion battery.
- It produces a 3000Amps peak current.
- This jump starter can be used for a 9-liter gas engine and a 7-liter diesel engine.
- Comes with a 500 Lumen LED Flashlight with 7 different light modes.
- Out Port: 2.1A USB Out Port, 12V 15A Out Supply port.
- In Port: 2.1A Micro USB In Port with 12V 3A In Charge Port.
What You Get In The Box:
- GB150 Lithium Battery Jump Starter
- XGC 12V MALE Adapter
- XGC 12V FEMALE Adapter
- XGC Extension Cable
- Micro USB Cable
- Microfiber Storage Bag
- User Guide & Warranty information
Peak Current Test Of NOCO GB150
Noco GB 150 is the most powerful jump starter in the whole NOCO series. The claimed peak current produced by this jump starter is around 3000Amps.
Yeah, you heard it right 3000Amps. I don’t really know how jump starter companies come up with these crazy numbers.
So I have to check it myself. And after testing it on a carbon pile load tester the peak current produced by this jump starter was around 610Amps at 6.1Volts.
And with this amount of current, it can easily start a mid to big size vehicle with a dead battery (12V Battery).
And also I have to tell you one thing I have already tested most of the jumpstarter and by far this is the highest peak current I have recorded on my load tester.
This jumper pack can easily jump-start up to a 9 Liter Gas engine and a 7 Liter diesel engine with a completely dead or partially dead battery.
How a NOCO GB150 Works (Is It Durable)?
Steps To Jumpstart your Vehicle with NOCO GB 150:
- First, attach the jumper cable to the dead battery. Attach the red clamp to the positive terminal of the battery and black to the negative of the battery.
- After attaching the cables then power on the jumper unit. Then you’ll be able to see the battery reading on the digital voltmeter.
- After setting up the jump starter you just have to turn the vehicle on.
Durability Of NOCO GB 150
Now talking about the build quality of this jump starter. The outer material of this jump starter look and feel heavy duty.
It can easily last longer even if you use it roughly. Also, the button on this pack is really nice and well built.
This jump starter features a pair of 4 gauge jumper cables with industrial-grade build quality. The alligator clamps on this pack are sturdy and durable. They’ll get the job done.
What type of different vehicle it can jump-start?
The NOCO GB150 can jump startup to a 7-liter diesel engine and a 9-liter gas engine. This jump starter can jump-start from a small car to large pickups.
Additional value for money features In NOCO GB150?
- This jump starter features a 500-lumen built-in flashlight with 3 different mode settings. This feature will help you jump start at night time.
- This jump starter features a battery level indicator which helps in checking the battery.
- The clamps are spark-proof which avoids any type of damage or accidents.
- This is not only a jump starter in fact you can use this as a power bank and charge your different accessories.
- Noco also provides a 1-year replace or repair warranty with this product.
Final Verdict Should you Buy Or Skip?
Overall I give this product 4.8 stars out of 5.
The NOCO GB150 jump starter does everything that it says. It is durable, trustworthy, and reliable. Without a doubt, if I’m a first-time buyer and I want a powerful jump starter. I would definitely go for it.
Having said that, one more thing beware of the knock-off products in the market pretending to be NOCO. I have given the link to the original product below.CLICK FOR BEST PRICE